Canon EOS 7D Mark II (15-85) DSLR Camera
- Product Info
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Platinum Kit Digital SLR Camera - 15-85mm
We think YOU should know!
- Genuine Australian Canon 2 Year Warranty (via registration)
- Peace of Mind Purchase Guarantee (bottom of page)
- Supplied with EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM lens
- 20.2 Megapixel CMOS sensor
- Dual DIGIC 6 Image processor
- 10 frames/sec
- 65 point Cross-type AF system
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Built-in GPS
- Dual card slots
- USB 3.0 connectivity
Faster, Stronger. Built for Action.
Built for speed, the new EOS 7D Mark II combines outstanding power and performance that’s simply unrivalled within its class. Letting you capture every second of the action in stunning detail, the 7D Mark II delivers high-speed continuous shooting at up to 10fps at an amazing 20.2MP resolution. Making use of the dual DIG!C 6 processors and APS-C size CMOS sensor, you can enjoy impressive telephoto capabilities and exceptionally fast image processing speeds, which allows you to not only keep up with the action, but capture it in all its glorious detail. Providing beautifully smooth and accurate autofocus, the 65-point all cross-type autofocus system means tracking your subject has never been easier, helping you capture the sharpest detail in both live view and movie mode. And with more viewfinder info displayed on the Intelligent Viewfinder II, you can change settings without taking your eyes off your subject, allowing you to keep your attention exactly where it should be.
Capture split-second action
The EOS 7D Mark II is capable of shooting at up to ten frames per second in High Speed Continuous Shooting mode, depending on conditions. With a high speed memory card, the camera will keep on shooting until it is full, when capturing Large JPEG images. For RAW shots, the camera will capture in bursts up to 31 frames. Working with the Dual DiG!C 6 image processor, you know you will capture ever moment of the action with the EOS 7D Mark II.
DIG!C 6 feature for the Canon EOS 7D Mark II digital SLR camera
Shockingly fast, overwhelmingly powerful and ingeniously innovative, the 7D Mark II features Dual DIGIC 6 Image Processors. This allows for parallel processing, which means that you can keep shooting without processing delay – so you know you won’t miss a frame of the action.
Dual DiG!C 6 also makes possible some features that are at the heart of this camera’s capability. Image clarity and noise suppression are excellent, giving the ability to shoot up to 16,000 ISO in still and in movie mode. EOS Movie Mode also benefits immensely from the extra power in Dual DiG!C 6. The EOS 7D Mark II is the first canon EOS DSLR to record Full HD video at 60 frames per second. MP4 movie compression is also now an option for videographers.
Canon’s fastest image processor to date, the Dual DiG!C 6 processor takes the EOS 7D Mark II the next level of image processing.
65-point cross-type autofocus feature for the Canon EOS 7D Mark II digital SLR camera
With a 65-point all cross-type auto focus system, the EOS 7D Mark II ensures you capture the action in sharp detail. The centre AF point offers dual cross-type focusing at f/2.8 with EV-3 minimum luminance, giving you unsurpassed accuracy in all lighting conditions
There are 7 different AF Point Selection modes that you can choose from, ranging in size and pin point area. To switch between each of the modes, a new AF point selection level is incorporated into the EOS 7D Mark II. This makes it easy to toggle between modes without moving your eye away from the viewfinder, or your trigger finger away from the shutter button.
The Manual Select Spot AF mode allows you to specify precisely which of the 65 AF points should be used for focus. This mode gives you precise control over what to focus on, and is great for situations such as macro photography, shots where there us shallow depth of field, or where there is a lot going on in the scene, such as a single face in the crowd.
The Manual Select Single Point AF mode allows the photographer to specify which of the 65 points is used during AF. This feature is best used for stationary objects, as it allows the photographer to concentrate focus on a certain part of the frame, such as the eye ball of a portrait subject.
Manual Select Single Point AF – 4 Point Expansion mode allows the photographer to select one of the 65 AF points as the primary focus point, with points above, below, left and right as secondary focusing points. This mode is great for when you want to focus on something specific, but give the AF system the flexibility to choose one of the other 4 points if it cannot find focus on the primary AF point – perfect for moving subjects.
The Manual Select Single Point AF – 8 Point Expansion mode gives the AF system even more flexibility on how it focuses on the primary subject by using the 8 surrounding focus points.
The Manual Select Small Zone AF mode gives the photographer the ability to cluster multiple focus points into one of 9 zones around the frame. The EOS 7D Mark II will focus on whatever is the closest object within that cluster. It gives the photographer compositional freedom to broadly place their subject anywhere in the scene, and works well for when the subject is moving.
The Manual Select Large Zone AF mode splits all the AF points into three separate zones on either the left, centre or right side of the frame. The camera will focus on the closest subject within whatever zone is selected. This allows the photographer to concentrate focus broadly to the left, middle or right.
Finally, the Automatic AF Point Selection mode is fully automatic and works best when the subject occupies a large portion of the frame. The EOS 7D Mark II will focus on whatever object is closest to the camera within the 65 point focusing zone.
Intelligent Viewfinder II
Intelligent viewfinder II feature for the Canon EOS 7D Mark II digital SLR camera
The EOS 7D Mark II gives the photographer access to more shooting information through the viewfinder than ever before – lessening the potential to miss shots by having to look at a different LCD panel. Because the viewfinder offers 100% coverage at 1.0x magnification, the photographer also gets a truer representation of the final image.
APS-C CMOS Sensor
CMOS sensor feature for the Canon EOS 7D Mark II digital SLR camera
The EOS 7D Mark II sits at the very top of our APS-C sensor DSLR range, with a 20.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor for sharp image clarity & improved telephoto. Leveraging the benefits of the APS-C sensor, the ‘crop factor’ gives a 1.6x telephoto effect, effectively getting you closer to the subject. Shutter speed and durability are also improved thanks in part to the smaller and lighter components of the APS-C sensor. Taking this into consideration, the EOS 7D Mark II’s strengths lie in sports and wildlife photography, where getting closer to the subject is key.
Peace of Mind Purchase Guarantee & Declaration of Warranty
This product is supplied directly via Canon Australia and enjoys the FULL benefits of the 'Canon - 2 YEARS AUSTRALIAN WARRANTY'. (You may also be entitled to other consumer warranties as provided by the Australian Consumer Guarantee and these entitlements are not limited by this warranty). In the event that this product should fail please contact our service department to arrange service for this product or you also have the option of speaking with Canon Australia directly. Your 2 Year Canon Warranty requires registration on the Canon Australia website.
We are a FULLY AUTHORISED Australian retailer for Canon Australia.
This product will be shipped from our Sydney Warehouse and you are welcome to pick it up directly from our store in Sydney. This product is NOT DROP SHIPPED from overseas.
- Tech Specs
- Type: 22.4 x 15.0 mm CMOS
- Effective Pixels: Approx. 20.2 megapixels
- Total Pixels: Approx. 20.9 megapixels
- Aspect Ratio:3:2
- Low-Pass Filter: Built-in/Fixed with fluorine coating
- Sensor Cleaning: EOS integrated cleaning system
- Colour Filter Type: Primary Colour
- Type: Dual "DIGIC 6"
- Lens Mount: EF/EF-S
- Focal Length: Equivalent to 1.6x the focal length of the lens
- Type: TTL-CT-SIR with a dedicated CMOS sensor
- AF System/ Points: 65 cross-type AF points (Centre point is an extra sensitive dual-cross-type point at f/2.8, cross-type at f/8 and sensitive to -3EV) (11)
- AF working range: EV -3 - 18 (at 23°C & ISO100)
- AF Modes: AI FocusOne ShotAI Servo
- AF Point Selection: Automatic selection: 65 point AF Manual selection: Single point AF (65 cross type only, 21 or 9 points selectable) Manual selection: Spot AF Manual selection: AF point Expansion 4 points (up, down, left, right) Manual selection: AF point Expansion surrounding 8 points Manual selection: Zone AF Manual selection: Large Zone AF AF points can be selected separately for vertical and horizontal shooting
- Selected AF point display: Superimposed in viewfinder and indicated on top LCD panel and Quick Control screen
- Predictive AF (7): Yes, up to 8m
- AF Lock: Locked when shutter button is pressed half way in One Shot AF mode or AF-ON button is pressed.
- AF Assist Beam: Intermittent firing of built-in flash or emitted by optional dedicated Speedlite
- Manual Focus: Selected on lens
- AF Microadjustment: AF Menu+/- 20 steps (wide and tele setting for Zooms)Adjust all lenses by same amountAdjust up to 40 lenses individuallyAdjustments remembered for lens by serial number
- Metering modes: TTL full aperture metering with 252 zone Dual Layer SPC(1) Evaluative metering (linked to All AF point)(2) Partial metering (approx. 9.4% of viewfinder at centre)(3) Spot metering (approx. 2.3% viewfinder at centre)(4) Centre weighted average metering
- Metering Range: EV 0 - 20 (at 23°C with 50mm f/1.4 lens ISO100)
- AE Lock: Auto: In 1-shot AF mode with evaluative metering exposure is locked when focus is achieved. Manual: By AE lock button in creative zone modes.
- Exposure Compensation: +/-5 EV in 1/3 or 1/2 stop increments (can be combined with AEB).
- AEB: 2, 3, 5 or 7 Shots +/-3 EV 1/3 or 1/2 stop increments
- ISO Sensitivity (8): Auto (100-16000), 100-16000 (in 1/3-stop or whole stop increments)ISO can be expanded to H1: 25600, H2: 51200During Movie shooting: Auto (100-16000), 100-16000 (in 1/3-stop or whole stop increments) ISO can be expanded to H: 25600
- Type: Electronically-controlled focal-plane shutter
- Speed: 30-1/8000 sec (1/2 or 1/3 stop increments), Bulb (Total shutter speed range. Available range varies by shooting mode)
- Type: Auto white balance with the imaging sensor
- Settings: AWB, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten, WhiteFluorescent light, Flash, Custom, Colour Temperature Setting.White balance compensation:1. Blue/Amber +/-92. Magenta/ Green +/-9.
- Custom White Balance: Yes, 1 setting can be registered
- WB Bracketing: +/-3 levels in single level increments3 bracketed images per shutter release.Selectable Blue/Amber bias or Magenta/ Green bias.
- Type: Pentaprism
- Coverage (Vertical/Horizontal): Approx. 100%
- Magnification: Approx. 1.0x(4)
- Eyepoint: Approx. 22mm (from eyepiece lens centre)
- Dioptre Correction: -3 to +1 m-1 (dioptre)
- Focusing Screen: Interchangeable (3 types, optional). Standard Focusing Screen Eh-A Super Precision Matte Eh-S II
- Mirror: Quick-return half mirror (Transmission: reflection ratio of 40:60, no mirror cut-off with EF600mm f/4 or shorter)
AF information: Single/Spot AF points, AF Frame, AF status, Focus indicator, AF mode, AF point selection, AF point registrationExposure information: Shutter speed, aperture value, ISO speed (always displayed), AE lock, exposure level/compensation, flash metering, spot metering circle, exposure warning, AEB, metering mode, shooting modeFlash information: Flash ready, high-speed sync, FE lock, flash exposure compensation, red-eye reduction light.Image information: Card information, maximum burst (2 digit display), Highlight tone priority (D+).Composition information: Grid, Electronic levelOther information: Battery check, Warning symbol, Flicker Detection, drive mode, white balance, JPEG/RAW indicator
- Viewfinder Information
- Depth of field preview: Yes, with Depth of Field preview button.
- Eyepiece shutter: On strap
- Type: 7.7cm (3.0") Clear View II TFT, approx. 1040K dots
- Coverage: Approx. 100%
- Viewing Angle (horizontally/vertically): Approx 170°
- Coating: Anti-reflection and Solid Structure
- Brightness Adjustment: Auto: Using extenal ambient light sensorManual: Adjustable to one of seven levels
- Display Options: (1) Quick Control Screen(2) Camera settings(3) Dual Axis Electronic Level
- Built-in Flash GN (ISO 100, meters): 11
- Built-in Flash Coverage: up to 15mm focal length (35mm equivalent: 24mm)
- Built-in Flash recycle time: Approx. 3 seconds
- Modes: E-TTL II, Manual flash, Multi flash, Integrated Speedlite Transmitter
- Red-Eye Reduction: Yes
- X-sync: 1/250sec
- Flash Exposure Compensation: +/- 3EV in 1/2 or 1/3 increments
- Flash Exposure Bracketing: Yes, with compatible External Flash
- Flash Exposure Lock: Yes
- Second Curtain Synchronisation: Yes
- HotShoe/ PC terminal: Yes/ Yes
- External Flash Compatibility: E-TTL II with EX series Speedlites, wireless multi-flash support
- External Flash Control: via camera menu screen
- Modes: Scene Intelligent Auto, Program AE , Shutter priority AE, Aperture priority AE, Manual (Stills and Movie), Bulb, Custom (x3)
- Picture Styles: Auto, Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, User Defined (x3)
- Colour Space: sRGB and Adobe RGB
Highlight Tone PriorityAuto Lighting Optimizer (4 settings)Long exposure noise reductionHigh ISO speed noise reduction (4 settings)Multi Shot Noise ReductionAuto Correction of Lens Peripheral illuminationChromatic aberration correctionDistortion correctionResize to M, S1, S2 or S3RAW image processing - during image Playback onlyMultiple exposureHDR images 5 presets
- Image Processing
- Drive modes: Single, Continuous L, Continuous H, Self timer (2s+remote, 10s+remote), Silent single shooting, Silent continous shooting
- Continuous Shooting: Max. Approx. 10fps. (speed maintained for up to an infinite number of JPEGs or 31 RAW images (1) (2) (10) with UDMA7 card.
- Intervalometer: Built-in, number of shots selectable from 1-99 or unlimited. Bulb timer possible
Live View Mode
- Type: Electronic viewfinder with image sensor
- Coverage: Approx. 100% (horizontally and vertically)
- Frame Rate: 29.97 fps
- Focusing: Manual Focus (Magnify the image 5x or 10x at any point on screen) Autofocus: Dual Pixel CMOS AF (Face detection and Tracking AF, FlexiZone-Multi, FlexiZone-Single), Custom Movie Servo AF
- Metering: Real-time evaluative metering with image sensorActive metering time can be changed
- Display Options: Grid overlay (x2), Histogram
JPEG: Fine, Normal (Exif 2.21 [Exif Print] compliant) / Design rule for Camera File system (2.0),RAW: RAW, M-RAW, S-RAW (14bit, Canon original RAW 2nd edition),Digital Print Order Format [DPOF] Version 1.1 compliant
- Still Image Type
Yes, any combination of RAW + JPEG, M-RAW + JPEG, S-RAW + JPEG possible.
- RAW+JPEG simultaneous recording
JPEG 3:2: (L) 5472x3648, (M) 3648x2432, (S1) 2736x1824, (S2) 1920x1280, (S3) 720x480JPEG 4:3: (L) 4864x3648, (M) 3248x2432, (S1) 2432x1824, (S2) 1696x1280, (S3) 640x480JPEG 16:9: (L) 5472x3072, (M) 3648x2048, (S1) 2736x1536, (S2) 1920x1080, (S3) 720x408JPEG 1:1: (L) 3648x3648, (M) 2432x2432, (S1) 1824x1824, (S2) 1280x1280, (S3) 480x480RAW: (RAW) 5472x3648, (M-RAW) 4104x2736, (S-RAW) 2736x1824
- Image Size
- Movie Type: MOV (Video: H.264 or MP4: Intra frame / inter frame, Sound: Linear PCM with H.264, AAC with MP4, recording level can be manually adjusted by user)
- Movie Size: 1920 x 1080 (59.94, 50 fps) inter-frame1920 x 1080 (29.97, 25, 24, 23.98 fps) intra or inter frame1920 x 1080 (29.97, 25) lite inter-frame1280 x 720 (59.94, 50 fps) intra or inter frame1280 x 720 (29.97, 25, 24, 23.98 fps) lite inter-frame640 x 480 (29.97, 25 fps) inter-frame or inter-frame lite
- Movie Length: Max duration 29min 59sec
- Folders: New folders can be manually created and selected
- File Numbering: (1) Consecutive numbering(2) Auto reset(3) Manual reset
- Custom Functions: 18 Custom Functions
- Metadata Tag: User copyright information (can be set in camera)Image rating (0-5 stars), GPS information: Latitude, Longitude, Elevation, Direction, Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), satellite signal condition
- LCD Panel / Illumination: Yes / Yes
- Water/ Dust resistance: Yes (equal to EOS-1N)
- Sound Memo: No
- Intelligent Orientation Sensor: Yes
- Playback zoom: 1.5x - 10x
- Display Formats: (1) Single image with information (2 levels)(2) Single image(3) 4 image index(4) 9 image index(5) Magnified view(6) Movie edit
- Slide Show: Image selection: All images, by Date, by Folder, Movies, Stills, Rating, Protect imagesPlayback time: 1/2/3/5/10 or 20 secondsRepeat: On/Off
- Histogram: Brightness: YesRGB: Yes
- Highlight Alert: Yes
- Image Erase/Protection: Erase: Single image, All images in folder, Checkmarked images, unprotected imagesProtection: Erase protection of one image at a time
- Menu Categories: (1) Shooting menu (x6)(2) AF Menu (x5)(3) Playback menu (x3)(4) Setup menu (x4)(5) Custom Functions menu (x5)(6) My Menu
- Menu Languages: 25 Languages: English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, Ukrainian, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean and Japanese
- Firmware Update: Update possible by the user.
- Computer: SuperSpeed USB 3
- Other: HDMI mini output (HDMI-CEC compatible, output of uncompressed YCbCr 4:2:2, 8-bit for video streaming is possible, sound output via HDMI is also possible)Extension system terminal (for WFT-E6/ GP-E1)External microphone (Stereo mini jack),Headphone socket (Stereo mini jack)
- Canon Printers: Canon Compact Photo Printers and PIXMA Printers supporting PictBridge
- PictBridge: Yes
- Type: CompactFlash Type I (UDMA compatible), SD card, SDHC card or SDXC card. High-speed writing with UHS-I type SD cards is supported
Supported Operating System
- Windows 8.1 / 7 / 7 SP1 / Vista SP2 / XP SP3OS X v10.8-10.9
- Browsing & Printing: ImageBrowser EX
- Image Processing: Digital Photo Professional
- Other: PhotoStitch, EOS Utility (inc. Remote Capture, WFT utility*), Picture Style Editor* Requires optional accessory
- Batteries: Rechargeable Li-ion Battery LP-E6N (supplied)
- Battery life: Approx. 670 shots (at 23°C, AE 50%, FE 50%) (5)Approx. 640 (at 0°C, AE 50%, FE 50%)
- Battery Indicator: 6 levels + percentage
- Power saving: Power turns off after 1, 2, 4, 8, 15 or 30mins.
- Power Supply & Battery Chargers: AC Adapter Kit ACK-E6, Battery charger LC-E6, Car Battery charger CBC-E6
- Body Materials: Magnesium Alloy body covers
- Operating Environment: 0 – 40 °C, 85% or less humidity
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 148.6 x 112.4 x 78.2mm
- Weight (body only): Approx. 910 g
- Viewfinder: Eyecup Eb, E-series Dioptric Adjustment Lens with Rubber Frame Eb, Focusing Screens Eh (Eh-A Standard Focusing Screen, Eh-S Super Precision Matte), Angle Finder C
- Case: Leather Case EH20-L
- Wireless File Transmitter: Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E5 version 2Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E5 requires a firmware update and Interface Cable IFC-40AB II or IFC-150AB IICompatible with Eye-Fi cards
- Lenses: All EF and EF-S lenses
- Flash: Canon Speedlites (90EX, 220EX, 270EX, 270EX II, 320EX, 420EX, 430EX, 430EX II, 550EX, 580EX, 580EX II, 600EX, 600EX-RT, Macro-Ring-Lite, MR-14EX II, Macro Twin Lite MT-24EX, Speedlite Transmitter ST-E2, Speedlite Transmitter ST-E3-RT)
- Battery Grip: BG-E16
- Remote Controller/ Switch: Remote control with N3 type contact, Wireless Controller LC-5, Remote Controller RC-6
- Other: Hand Strap E2
EOS 7D Mark IIAll data is based on Canon standard testing methods (according to CIPA Standards) except where indicated.Subject to change without notice Large/Fine(Quality 8) resolution Based on Canon's testing conditions, JPEG, ISO 100, Standard Picture Style. Maximum fps and buffer capacity may be reduced depending on the cameras settings, light level, subject, memory card brand and capacity, image recording quality, ISO speed, drive mode, Picture Style, Custom functions etc. with 50mm lens at infinity, -1m-1 dpt Based on the CIPA Standard and using the battery supplied with the camera, except where indicated with EF300mm f/2.8L IS USM at 50kph Recommended Exposure Index Figures quoted are when used with UDMA7 class cards and with iTR AF feature disabled. When iTR AF is enabled, continuous shooting has a maximum rate of approx. 9.5fps The number of cross-type AF points depends on the lens used
- In The Box
What's in the Box:
- EOS 7D Mark II Digital SLR Body
- EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM lens
- Cable Protector
- USB Interface Cable IFC-150U II
- Battery Pack LP-E6N
- Battery Charger LC-E6
- EOS Digital Solution Disc
- Wide Neck Strap EW-EOS7DMARKII
No Reviews Available