Nikon D7000 DSLR Camera - 18-105 & 55-300 VR TWIN Lens Kit
supplied with Genuine Nikon 18-105 & 55-300 VR LensWhy Buy ME!
Nikon D7000 - Our Thoughts & Recommendations
- 100% Australian Stock with Australian Nikon Warranty
- Supplied with Genuine Nikon 18-105 & 55-300 VR Lenses
- 9 / 10 In House Recommendation
- 16.2 Megapixel CMOS Sensor
- 3.0" LCD screen
- New 39 Point AF Focus System
- Full HD Video (1920 x 1080p) with Auto Focus
- New 2,016 Pixel RGB Metering System
The Nikon D7000 Digital SLR Camera is one of the most awarded DSLR Cameras in recent times. It has been awarded an EISA Award for 'Best Advanced DSLR Camera 2011-2012' and a TIPA Award for "Best DSLR Advanced Digital SLR Camera 2011'. Setting aside the many awards the Nikon D7000 DSLR has received it truly delivers great photos and simply the best Full HD videos no matter the competition. Designed for the enthusiast to advanced photographer the Nikon D7000 is highly recommended. For optimum Full HD video capture we recommend the use of one of our Opteka Video Stabilisation Rigs.Nikon D7000 - Expeed 2 & CMOS Sensor
The Nikon D7000 is equipped with a new Nikon DX-format CMOS image sensor and a new image-processing engine, EXPEED 2. The camera offers an effective pixel count of 16.2-million pixels and enables capture of high-definition images exhibiting superior image quality with extremely detailed rendering and rich tones with smooth gradations. With standard sensitivity range of ISO100 - 6400 and additional increases of up to Hi 2 (ISO 25600 equivalent), the camera offers improved capability in shooting under dim lighting in the evening or indoors, and also expands possibilities for expression with rapidly moving subjects.
EXPEED 2 is Nikon's latest image-processing engine developed using the ideas, expertise and technologies in digital imaging that Nikon has cultivated over the years. EXPEED 2 enables faster image processing, a high level of noise reduction, better color reproduction characteristics, and reduced power consumption.
Nikon D7000 - Compact Elegant Body
A magnesium alloy has been adopted for the top and rear covers for increased durability in a size equivalent to that of the Nikon D90. All joints on the camera body have also been sealed to ensure a greater level of water and dust resistance.Nikon D7000 - New Metering System
With 2,016 pixels, the new metering sensor developed for the Nikon D7000 offers twice the metering pixels as our previous high-end metering sensor. Prior to shooting, the 2,016-pixel RGB sensor acquires accurate information regarding the scene. That information is then reflected in auto-focusing, automatic exposure, i-TTL balanced fill-flash, and auto white balance control for extremely faithful images.Nikon D7000 - 39 Point Auto Focus System
An AF sensor module with 39 effective focus points Adoption of the new Multi-CAM4800DX autofocus sensor module enables certain acquisition and tracking of the intended subject with 39 focus points.
Nine cross-type sensors at the most frequently used center of the frame allow for certain acquisition of the intended subject. In addition, the number of active focus points can also be limited to 11.
Superior subject acquisition and tracking performance
Depending upon the scene or subject, the AF-area mode can be selected from Single-point AF, Dynamic-area AF, 3D-tracking and Auto-area AF. Wide focus areas containing a large number of focus points work together to accurately acquire and track the subject.
Nikon D7000 - Full HD Movies
The Nikon D7000 is equipped with the D-Movie function that enables recording of high-definition movies (1920 x 1080p, 24 fps) exhibiting superior video quality. Autofocusing during movie recording is possible using contrast-detect AF. When the focus mode is set to Full time-servo AF (AF-F) and the AF-area mode to Subject-tracking AF, the camera automatically maintains focus on a subject moving throughout the frame in three dimensions.
The D7000 also offers in-camera movie editing functions that allow users to save a single frame as a still JPEG image or delete unnecessary portions from the beginning or end of movie files. Recording of stereo sound via an external microphone is also supported.Nikon D7000 - Other Functions
- High-speed continuous shooting of up to 100 shots at approximately 6 fps, and a very precise and durable shutter unit that has passed testing for 150,000 cycles
- New U1 and U2 settings on the mode dial allow users to assign frequently used settings including ISO sensitivity and exposure compensation, for instant recall, by simply rotating the mode dial
- Live view function that can be smoothly enabled with the dedicated live view switch
- Double SD memory card slot that enable use of two SD memory cards (SDHC, SDXC also supported)
- The Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL15, which enables capture of around 1,050 shots when fully charged
- Support for the new Multi-Power Battery Pack MB-D11 (sold separately), which holds not only Rechargeable Li-ion Batteries EN-EL15, but also AA batteries
- Nikon's image browsing and editing software, ViewNX 2, supplied with purchase